Water test for determining the total hardness (GH - permanent hardness) - suitable for freshwater and marine aquariums
Total hardness test set Instructions for use
- rinse the measuring vessel with the water to be tested and fill up to the mark (corresponding to 5 ml). *
- add one drop of reagent and swirl. If hardness is present, the sample will turn red.
- Add the solution from the dropper bottle drop by drop until the colour changes from red to green.
Swivel the measuring vessel after each drop. Count the drops!
1 drop = 1°dH
- The sensitivity of the test can be increased by doubling the sample volume to e.g. 10 ml. Each drop of the test solution then corresponds to 0.5° dGH.
* The meniscus of the water surface must exactly touch the 5 ml calibration line.
Clean the vial after use, close the reagent bottle tightly and store in a cool, dry place away from light.
Keep out of reach of children!
10 ml reagent solution (corresponds to 200 drops), cuvette
Signal word: Attention