* Prices incl. VAT
plus potential shipping costs
Ready to ship, arrives in 2 - 5 days
Free Shipping from €33 within DE per GLS
- Article number: T-ZB-PO41
- Shipping weight: 0.06 kg
- Dimensions: 9.00 cm × 14.00 cm × 3.00 cm
Water test kit for measuring the phosphate concentration (PO4) - suitable for fresh and marine water aquaria
Measuring range: 0.05 - 2 mg/l PO4-P
Phosphate is not toxic. However, an excess of phosphate can promote strong algae growth under certain circumstances. On the other hand, aquatic plants and the zooxanthellae of corals in seawater need a minimum amount of phosphate to function. With this test you will be able to determine whether there is a need for action.
Phosphate test set Instructions for use
- Rinse the measuring vessel several times with the water to be tested and fill to the 1st mark (corresponding to 5 ml) *
- Add 6 drops of PO4-1, close the glass, mix
- Add 6 drops of PO4-2, close the glass, mix
- After 10 minutes open the glass and compare the color value in the transparency from above with the colour scale until the colours are the same
- Read off the colour value! Intermediate values can be estimated
- After use, rinse the measuring glass thoroughly and close it
* The meniscus of the water surface has to exactly touch the 5 ml calibration line
Clean the vial after use, close the reagent bottle tightly and store in a cool, dry place away from light.
Keep out of reach of children! Do not eat!
Phosphate is one of the most important nutrients for aquarium plants. Please follow the instructions given with our fertilizer Eudrakon P for the recommended concentration. Phosphate enters the tank mainly via the fish food and possibly the tap water (the respective waterworks can provide information on the PO4 concentration of your tap water). In addition, peat, other natural products and certain preparations for aquariums can contain considerable amounts of phosphate.
You can raise the phosphate concentration specifically with the phosphate fertilizer Eudrakon P or effectively lower it with the phosphate fixer Phosphareduc.
10 ml reagent solution 1, 10 ml reagent solution 2, measurement vessel with closure, color card
Sufficient for 30 - 40 tests
Possible Dangers Reagent 1
Signal word: Attention
Possible Dangers Reagent 2
Signal word: Danger