The Tropical Almond Tree (Terminalia catappa L.) grows in nearly all tropical areas around the world. Because of its salt tolerance, it is mainly cultivated as a sun shade on beaches. Its area of natural growth spreads from Madagascar to India and as far as the Fiji-, Ryukyu- and Bonin-islands.
Attributes of Tropical Almond Leaves aquamax
- Picked straight from the tree
- Dried in the sun and cleaned
- Prevent infections
- Especially recommended for more populated aquariums
- Astringent and bactericidal
- Food supplement for loricariides, crayfish and shrimps
- Unlimited shelf life when stored under dry conditions
Simply place the Tropical Almond Leaves on the water surface. After 1 - 2 days, the leaves are soaked with water and sink. Apart from their positive effect, they are also a vision of delight in a semi-natural tank.
After 2 - 3 weeks their effectivity fades and they may be exchanged.
Package contents and dosage
10 small sized leaves (about 10 - 14 cm). Fitts well for nano tanks.
1 leaf for 10 - 20 l water