The Tropical Almond Bark aquamax (Terminalia catappa L.) is a purely natural product. The mild tannins have an astringent effect and can prevent bacteria and fungus intrusion into the mucosa of fish.
The low (acescent) pH-value in many soft tropical waters does not result from greater quantities of carbon dioxide (CO₂) but rather from humin and tannic acid. It is a fact that these waters have an outstandingly low germ concentration. For some fish, these substances are even a condition for successful reproduction.
- We recommend rinsing the Tropical Almond Bark briefly with hot water before use. If you require a stronger effect, please place the pieces in your aquarium without rinsing. We recommend watering for a few hours up to one day if you require a weaker effect.
- After a few hours the bark sinks to the bottom of the aquarium. A possible initial slight clouding of the water is natural and harmless. This disappears after a short time. After about 3 weeks the active substances have been released. You can replace the bark now. The used bark can also remain in the aquarium permanently.
- If you use further products containing tannins such as Tropical Almond Leaves, please keep this in mind when dispensing.
- After 3 weeks, the tannins are released widely. The bark can then be renewed or remain permanently in the aquarium.
- The Tropical Almond Bark can also be used for water preparation to avoid fluctuation of the tannin concentration due to water changes.
- Interesting facts and application examples
Please apply 1 - 2 pieces of the aquamax Tropical Almond Bark per 20 l aquarium water
℮ 8 g (at time of filling) for approx. 180 litres