Water test kit for measuring the phosphate concentration (PO4) - suitable for fresh and marine water aquaria.
Phosphate is not toxic. However, an excess of phosphate can promote strong algae growth under certain circumstances. On the other hand, aquatic plants and the zooxanthellae of corals in seawater need a minimum amount of phosphate to function. With this test you will be able to determine whether there is a need for action.
Phosphate test set Instructions for use
- Rinse the sample test tube several times with the water to be tested and then fill with sample water exactly to the 10 ml mark *
- Add 5 drops of reagent 1 and shake
- Add one level spatula of reagent 3 and shake again
If phosphate is present in the water, the sample will change color. After 5 minutes you can read the concentration
- Compare the color of the sample with the color card by holding the test tube close to the color that seems most similar to you and looking through the tube from above
For good results, it is best to use daylight (no direct sunlight)
* The meniscus of the water surface has to exactly touch the 10 ml calibration line.
Clean the vial after use, close the reagent bottle tightly and store in a cool, dry place away from light.
Keep out of reach of children!
Phosphate is one of the most important nutrients for aquarium plants. Please follow the instructions given with our fertilizer Eudrakon P for the recommended concentration. Phosphate enters the tank mainly via the fish food and possibly the tap water (the respective waterworks can provide information on the PO4 concentration of your tap water). In addition, peat, other natural products and certain preparations for aquariums can contain considerable amounts of phosphate.
You can raise the phosphate concentration specifically with the phosphate fertilizer Eudrakon P or effectively lower it with the phosphate fixer Phosphareduc.
12 ml reagent solution 1, powder vial reagent 2 (1.1 g), spatula, glass test tube with sealing cap, color card
Sufficient for 48 tests
Signal word: Attention