Water test for measuring the nitrate concentration (NO3 - nitrate) - suitable for fresh and marine water aquaria
For the care of aquatic plants it is indispensable to know the exact nitrate concentration in the aquarium. This is the only way to be able to control the fertilisation with macronutrients, e.g. with Eudrakon N, accordingly. With this water test you are able to reliably measure the nitrate concentration yourself on a regular basis.
Nitrate test set Instructions for use
- Rinse the sample test tube several times with the water to be tested and then fill with sample water exactly to the 5 ml mark *
- Add 4 drops of reagent 1 and shake
- Add one level spatula of reagent 3 and shake vigorously for 1 minute
The powder does not dissolve completely: for better color comparison, hold the tube at an angle until the powder collectes on the side
- Add 4 drops of reagent 2 and shake again
If nitrate is present in the water, the sample will change color. After exactly 4 minutes you can read the concentration
- Compare the color of the sample with the color card by holding the test tube close to the color that seems most similar to you and looking through the tube from above
* The meniscus of the water surface has to exactly touch the 5 ml calibration line
Thoroughly clean the test tube after use, securely seal all reagent containers and store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight.
Keep the product out of reach of children!
12 ml each reagent solution 1 & 2, powder vial reagent 3, spatula, glass test tube with sealing cap, color card
Contents zinc powder
Sufficient for 60 tests
Signal word: Attention
H250 Catches fire spontaneously if exposed to air.
P210 Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
P222 Do not allow contact with air.
P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
P422 Store contents under inert gas.
- Any questions about this product?
- PRODACtest NO3 Videoanleitung/Video tutorial
- Further products by Prodac International S.r.l.