Water test for measuring the carbonate hardness (CH - temporary hardness) - suitable for fresh and marine water aquaria
Carbonate hardness test set Instructions for use
- Rinse the water sample test tube several times with the water to be tested and then fill with sample water exactly to the 5 ml mark *
- Add one drop at a time of the reagent contained in the bottle and gently swirl to mix the solution after every drop. Count the number of drops until the solution turns from light yellow to a red-purple color
- Once the solution has turned red-purple leave it to stand for 30 seconds. If the color disappears, add more drops of reagent until the solution remains this red purple color
- Temporary water hardness is given in German degrees (°dCH) and corresponds to the number of drops of reagent utilized to obtain the red purple color. 1 drop corresponds to 1° dCH
- You can increase the sensitivity of the test by enlarging the sample size to e.g. 10 ml. In this case each drop of the test solution corresponds to 0.5° dCH
* The meniscus of the water surface has to exactly touch the 5 ml calibration line
Thoroughly clean the test tube after use, securely seal all reagent containers and store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight
Keep the product out of reach of children!
12 ml reagent solution, glass test tube with sealing cap
Signal word: Attention
H226 Flammable liquid and vapour
H290 May be corrosive to metals
H319 Causes serious eye irritation
P101 If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
P102 Keep out of reach of children.
P210 Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
P264 Wash hands thoroughly after handling.
P305 + P351 + P338 IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
P501 Dispose of contents/container inaccordance with all local/national/international regulation.
- Any questions about this product?
- PRODACtest KH Videoanleitung/Video tutorial
- Further products by Prodac International S.r.l.