* Prices incl. VAT
plus potential shipping costs
Ready to ship, arrives in 2 - 5 days
Free Shipping from €30 within DE per GLS
- Article number: P0020250
- EAN / GTIN: 4260169961680
- Shipping weight: 0.27 kg
- Dimensions: 5.00 cm × 17.00 cm × 5.00 cm
Comfortable and safe decrease of the water's carbonate hardness in fresh water
A lot of fishes and plants whose home consists of soft, well sour water are more comfortable with a lower carbonate hardness (CH). The total hardness (TH) is relevant only in rare cases.
With DRAK pH/CH-Minus you have a simple and easy possibility to drop the carbonate hardness permanently without the purchase of complicated and complex equipment.
In doing so we use the effect in water of every stronger acid than carbonic acid transforming (Hydrogen)Carbonates to carbonic acid. The desorption of that carbonic acid (CO2) volatilizes after some time and fertilizes the plants in the meantime, too.
Please find out first the pH-value and the carbonate hardness of your aquarium water with commercial tests or in case of pH with a pH-meter.
Please inform yourself of the aspired target value using literature before using DRAK pH/CH-Minus
- When the pH-value is over 7.0 and the CH over 6° dCH put 10 ml DRAK pH/CH-Minus to 40 l water into the aquarium.
- When the pH-value is lower than 7.0 and / or the CH is lower than 6° dCH put max. 2 - 4 ml DRAK pH/CH-Minus to 40 l water into the aquarium.
Measure the pH-value and CH the next day again. When needed add DRAK pH/CH-Minus once more.
The pH/CH-reduction must be performed step by step. The daily max. dose must not be transcended. Otherwise you risk damaging your plants and fishes because of the huge development of CO2. Please put the solution thinned with aquarium water (min. 10 times as much) slowly into the aquarium where there is enough water movement to make sure an immediate mixture with the whole aquarium water.
Especially when the carbonate hardness is higher than 10° dCH you have to put the DRAK pH/CH-Minus into the water for several days to reach the wanted lowering.
As empirical formula you have to deal with a pH lowering of about 0.3 units when you half the CH with equal concentration of CO2.
DRAK pH/CH-Minus contains about 5.1 % sulphuric acid.
- Keep out of childrens range!
- Please use protection goggles and safety gloves.
- Attention: Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation.
- On contact with the eyes: Rinse out carefully some minutes. Remove existing contact lenses if possible. Go on rinsing out, consult a doctor soon.
- On swallowing up call a doctor immediately and show the package or label.
Per liter sufficient for about 3,000 HL (hardness liter) - this means you can lower the CH of 600 l water for about 5° dH with one liter.